What is ramen?
The original ramen is a Japanese noodle soup dish that is served in a broth that can be made out various ingredients such as pork, chicken, fish, vegetables. Noodles are served in the broth based soup, served in a delicate Japanese bowl and carefully decorated with a variety of delicious toppings.
The toppings used, have Japanese regional and seasonal variations. In tradition with the Japanese Zen thinking, the presentation of the ramen dish is done in a way that balances the appearance with nutritional value & taste.
Tokyo Ramen Iki
Our ramen is made of chicken. Our secret recipe using long time simmering and stewing of chicken, creates a creamy white soup that is very low in fat and contains healthy ingredients in terms of vitamins, minerals and collagen necessary for the human body. Especially collagen is well known to be vital for the human skin replacing dead skin cells & maintaining elasticity of tendons.
We appreciate the overwhelming response we are receiving from our customers and we are continuously improving our chicken soup recipe and processes to obtain the best fit with the fresh local & high quality ingredients purchased from Dutch top suppliers.
We can safely state that from nutritional, taste and health perspective our Japanese cooks at ourAmsterdam restaurant have improved our original Japanese chicken ramen broth recipe.
What makes Tokyo Ramen Iki unique ?
- Guaranteed to be 100% authentically Japanese: first restaurant in Amsterdam directly fromJapan.
- Healthy: treat yourself to a nutritious meal that is balm to the soul and body. The benefits of eating the ramen will convince you. Never had the expression, “ you are what you eat”, more meaning.
- Hospitality : experience the Japanese customer dedication.
- Zen: simplicity at its finest and most delicate form. All dishes served true to the real Zen spirit.
- Vegetarian : for the vegetarian customer we have prepared a vegetable based Ramen that is delicious and a proud addition to our menu.
We offer a broad variety of dishes and have a complete menu that provides something for everybody.
Whether you join us for lunch or dinner, let our menu fullfill your every wish. We also believe in going forward & not being static, and, based on the Japanese KAIZEN spirit, we will continue to work hard to keep improving and constantly add new items that will keep surprising you.
Please press on Menu to view our menu in PDF format.